Amy's Reviews > I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence

I Like You by Amy Sedaris

Dec 22, 07

bookshelves: cookbook, memoir
Read in April, 2007

Speaking of David Sedaris, I recently selected his sister's entertaining book with a Target gift card I got as a housewarming gift, and I started reading it before I was quite done with Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress. To be fair to Susan Gilman, it's kind of hard to make lying your way into a private chocolate factory tour sound all that outrageous when the other book I'm reading has just provided me with instructions for turning a tampon into a cat toy. (As an aside, Harley would like to tell you that you don't really need to glue on the googly eyes as she suggests. All you need to do is unwrap it and leave it sitting on the bathroom counter for 2 second, then sit there shouting "Hey! Bring that back!" as he trots into the other room with it. He'd also like you to know that he prefers pads. I think it's the crinkly pink wrapper.) Amy Sedaris mixes in totally ridiculous, hilarious suggestions in with real, practical, classy entertaining advice. Sometimes it's hard to tell which is which, but I guess that is part of the fun! (Look for the tip jar at my next party.) And all of the recipes look great, too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Like You.