Christine's Reviews > The Anatomy of Deception

The Anatomy of Deception by Lawrence Goldstone

Jun 24, 10

bookshelves: 2008-reads

The story of a student doctor in the early 20th century who, involuntarily, gets involved in a murder investigation. The story was a good one, but for me, I enjoyed the "background" items in the story as much as the story itself. I was intrigued by the tidbits of medical history interspersed throughout the book. Personal note: I find this happens to me often in fictional books based on historical facts such as in DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY by Eric Larson.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Anatomy of Deception.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

April actually Devil in the White city is not a fictional book - it's totally true. None of it was fiction. Just thought I would point that out. I really loved that book :)

Christine April wrote: "actually Devil in the White city is not a fictional book - it's totally true. None of it was fiction. Just thought I would point that out. I really loved that book :)"

I realize that Devil in the White City was not fictional. I guess I didn't make my meaning clear ... I meant Larson took two historical events and intertwined them into a novel, rather than a typical "non-fiction" accounting.

I LOVED the book too. Thanks for your comment.