Lauren's Reviews > Outlander

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Jun 24, 2010

bookshelves: fiction, series
Read in June, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I finally read this on the recommendation of Elizabeth O. She pointed out that the author is coming to our local book festival, and that it was a good book. I had the ebook version on hold from the library, so I moved it to the top of my list. It's good, but really defies genre. Part sci-fi, part romance, and part action/drama, I'd hesitate to put in a category. I really liked the sci-fi aspect, was interested in the action/drama, and most of the time felt the romance was a bit over the top. Some of the scenes were more graphic than I would have liked, but that didn't take away from the fact that it was a generally a good book. Good enough that I've already downloaded the second in the series to start tonight.

::Spoiler:: the one bummer was that the driving plot point for me was to find out why the "ghost" of Jamie was in Claire's time in the beginning of the book. Only after finishing the novel did I think to look it up and find that the answer to that won't be revealed until the last book of the series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outlander.