Richard's Reviews > No Angel: My Harrowing Undercover Journey to the Inner Circle of the Hells Angels

No Angel by Jay Dobyns

Jun 24, 10

Read in June, 2010

This book proves a point I've long held true that there is is a fine line between cops and their adversaries including the Hell's Angels in this case. Dobyn's is an ATF agent who essentiall fell in love with being a patching wearing member of the Angels much the way that Donnie Brasco did with the mafiosos he ran with in the 70's & 80's. The cops get to play being bad guys with the understanding that they're seerving the greater good but it's all just about having fun of a sort. That the Angels fell for this guy shows they're nothing but a bunch of egotistical thugs and Dobyn's sucked right up to their egos (to their disadvantage). I wonder where they are now - we know he (Dobyn's must be in the Witness Protection program somewhere or other). Somehow the Angels of old (Mouldy Marvin, Chester et al) that I became fascinated iwth as a kid seem to have been cut from a different anarchic cloth than the current generation of drugged out ruffians of the 21st Century portrayed in this book. Long and flawed though it is it offers a look into the dark side of human behavior that most of us can only wonder about.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Angel.