Allison (The Allure of Books)'s Reviews > Angelfire

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

Jul 17, 10

bookshelves: 2010, own-it, signed-by-author, ya-paranormal
Read from July 15 to 16, 2010

I don't want to put up my full review yet since this book is several months away from being published. I just want to say that THIS BOOK BLEW ME AWAY. It is ridiculous how good it is.

I was pretty excited to read it, but I had absolutely no idea how freakin' fantastic it would be. Seriously. Just a few minutes after I read the last page, I was telling April @ Good Books & Good Wine that the book came at a good time. Once Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins and Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead are released later this year, I wasn't going to have anything else that I was so obsessed with getting my hands on. Now I do -the next two books in this trilogy. Once I said that, I realized it is about the highest compliment I can pay someone: comparing their book to both The Hunger Games and Vampire Academy series. And let me tell you, Angelfire measures up.

It has the best action/combat scenes I can remember reading ever. All the characters are fabulous, the plot is riveting and the love story exceptional.

Go out immediately and do whatever it takes to get your hands on a copy. Beg, borrow, or steal one...just read it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angelfire.

07/15/2010 page 19
show 5 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie Looks interesting. Is it any good?

Allison (The Allure of Books) so far so good! :)

Courtney Moulton Thank you for reviewingn Allison! I'm so glad you enjoyed Angelfire!

Courtney :)

message 4: by Peachy (new) - added it

Peachy Sweets Excellent Review!

I must say that the Vampire Academy series is definitely one of my favorite YA series of all time (or so far at least). Ranking Angelfire next to Vampire Academy is quite a compliment and really intrigued me.

After reading and rereading your review, I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of Courtney Allison Moulton apparently fabulous work! (And possibly also add it to that list...?)

I'm hopelessly anxious now =( !

~*~ Peachy SweetS xoxo <3

message 5: by Kohinoor (new) - added it

Kohinoor Sharma Umm..one question..how did u read it already if its not published as of now?

Courtney Moulton Advanced Reading Copies (ARCs) are available for free from the publisher for book reviewers in exchange for honest reviews :)

message 7: by Kohinoor (new) - added it

Kohinoor Sharma Ohhkk cool :)
n im sorry :D i noe i sounded like a noob :/

Claire (Cem) Vampire Academy is my favourite YA paranormal series. I don't think I'd quite compare this to them, but it's not too far off really. I loved this book as well and I'm really excited for the next two books as well! Love this mini review, it made me smile.