Bobby's Reviews > The Shadow of the Wind

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Jan 09, 08

bookshelves: reviewed, all-time-favorites

I love this book! I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again: European authors write prose like poetry (the author is Spanish). This book is peppered with great one- or two-liners that made me pause, stop reading, and reflect for a minute or two before I could continue. Here is a random example: "Someone once said that the moment you stop to think about whether you love someone, you've already stopped loving that person forever..." Now whether one agrees with this idea or not is not the point. I just appreciate that there are such thoughts/ideas woven in a book that can still be considered a "mystery" book overall.

Speaking of which, I don't want to give away the plot so all I will say that it is a story of a boy and a book, his love for the book, and his desire to learn why all the copies of this book are being destroyed by a mysterious stranger. A great read for lovers of books in general, the gothic genre, and of course, anyone who loves a good mystery.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow of the Wind.