Edna's Reviews > Iron Kissed

Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

Jun 24, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, urban-fantasy
Read from June 24 to 28, 2010

** spoiler alert ** So this third installment of the Mercedes Thompson has our protagonist dealing with the fae in a much closer proximity. Of course, that means trouble for Mercy. Zee, her mentor and friend, has asked her for help to find a murderer on the fae reservation. Zee ends up being caught in the crime scene and is imprisoned, leaving Mercy to figure everything out. I swear, this series should be called, Mercy Thompson, Private Eye for all the mysteries/crimes she has to solve. I do really enjoy that aspect of these books though. Some of these reveals can be predictable but the plot is still interesting. For the most part, it is the relationships, yet again, that made me love another one of these books.

I feel like it really does say something about Mercy that she's called upon by her friends to help out in certain situations. I like that she's unique with her abilities and has relationships with people in each of the supernatural groups. While you can argue that Mercy pushes the envelope, I do admire her loyalty and faith in her friends. She'll go to almost anything to help those she cares about. I expected nothing less with this latest ordeal regarding Zee and the fae murderer.

I'll address the first party of the love triangle now, Samuel. He has a heart of gold, I swear. I think the “break up” was handled very well. And to be quite honest I was relived because I did not want a mess of things. I was afraid that Sam would pack up and leave. Thank goodness both of them realized that they've changed and the past is exactly that, the past. They've developed this much more platonic relationship where they play off each other so well.

Okay, so I'm going to veer off and talk about Ben who was nothing short of perfection. I said in my last review that Ben would be a little more tolerable to Mercy and yep that sure happened. The role he played in that last section of the novel was amazing. After Mercy was attacked, it was Ben who was able to really understand her point of view because of his own experiences. I was horrified when she was put under the magic (although I was spoiled beforehand) and I completely broke when he made Adam open his eyes to see how she really felt and what she was going through. So intense and emotional.

Now for the biggie, Adam and Mercy. I loved every single one of their scenes together. The sexual chemistry sizzles off the pages, believe me. I adore the fact that she was the person who could get Adam's wolf in control and that he's the one who could worm his way into Mercy's heart. I wouldn't have it any other way. Adam, THE Alpha, is so very endearing. It was sweet how he's protective of Mercy. I won't name off all their scenes but one line by Adam made me grin like a fool: “You are mine, and I am keeping you.” Ahhh! Yeah, so suffice it to say, I'm incredibly excited for the next book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron Kissed.

06/27/2010 page 115