person's Reviews > Need

Need by Carrie Jones

Jul 02, 10

bookshelves: action-adventure, fantasy-novels, teen-romances, bookself-of-shame, twilight-rip-offs, ya, summer-2010
Read from June 24 to July 02, 2010

This book may have actually been moderately decent if it wasn't such a Twilight rip off. Girl moves to a place she hates, meets a hot guy, hot guy turns out to be werewolf, girl learns about supernatural world, girl rescues her mother from certain death. I mean, get real. Not only was it a Twilight rip off, but it was mostly plotless and stupid. Come on. Pixies stalking some depressed girl? Pixies killing boys all over the place? Just... stupid. It was just dumb. The romance between Nick and Zara was just... rushed and... fake. Definitely fake. By the third make out I just rolled my eyes. This book will join This World We Live In and Alphas on the Bookshelf of Shame.

This book was such a waste of four hours.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Need.

06/28/2010 page 98
32.0% "Sigh. Still waiting for the Mortal Instruments to come in at the library :( But Need is pretty good :D"
06/30/2010 page 168
55.0% "This book has an awful lot in common with Twilight. Zara moves to Maine, hates it, wants to go home, meets a hot guy, hot guy turns out to be werewolf who heals fast and is always warm, they make out blah blah blah. It's like the author read the Twilight series and rewrote it for Team Jacob. How annoying."