abi rafon's Reviews > Paradise

Paradise by Judith McNaught

Aug 05, 10

bookshelves: author-judith-mcnaught, r-contemporary, owned, r-favorites
Read from August 01 to 05, 2010

We oftentimes got easily disappointed when our expectations were too high. . And because many of Judith Mcnaughts fans tagged ‘paradise’ as her best contemporary, I had expected so many things like what one should expect when they heard the word “BEST”. It did not disappoint me though there were times that Im a bit ‘furious’ about Meredith, the heroine. I thought then that she was ‘nothing’ compare to other heroine of mcnaughts novels like Victoria (once and always), Elizabeth (almost heaven), and Alex (something wonderful) who’s for so many times proved that they really loved the hero despite all the heartaches, and pains and mistrust they received. Unlike Meredith whose trust for Matt was always on the critical stage.

The truth was I started reading this book liking Meredith... but as the story goes by, my fascinations towards her were slowly fading until I almost got angry and silently wondering WHAT THE HELL WAS MCNAUGHT THINKING GIVING MATT THAT KIND OF HEROINE?!. Especially when he’s asking for her trust but she just turned her back and broke his heart. I thought she was intelligent and smart. So, I was nearly decided to give just 4 stars BUT what she did after was great, really, really great (I was pertaining on the scene in boardroom where board of directors was there). It made me forget all her flaws and quickly accept her for Matt.

I was relieved so im back to five stars. Great story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paradise.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jessie Abi, I would read Paradise then read Perfect! The main characters in paradise show up in perfect and it's good to know the background when reading Perfect!

message 2: by abi (new) - rated it 5 stars

abi rafon thanks a lot jessie! i didn't know the connection of the two. im glad id made the right choice cause you see i happened to pick perfect first then changed my mind and turned to paradise. paradise will be my first contemporary from her. i love her historical. =))

Jessie Abi how are you liking this book so far???

message 4: by abi (new) - rated it 5 stars

abi rafon uhmm..actually the beginning was a little bit too long for me. but after a hundred page, i can now see why lots of people love this book. it broke my heart when meradith miscarried and she kept waiting for matt in hospital and all she got was a suggestion for divorce..

Jessie I agree.. it takes a bit for the truth to re-surface but its worth the wait!

Jasmine abi, I'm glad that you picked this one first. I'm excited and curious about what you'll think about this book. Matt Farrell is already the dream hero of so many romance readers worldwide :)

I agree with you about how it takes some time for the story to develop but it's definitely worth it. I'm looking forward for your opinions, enjoy reading the rest!

Jessie Abi, I hope you read Perfect soon.

Katherine Matt is definiately my number one Hero. I agree about Meredith she made me so mad at times, but she does come through in the end. Also IN Every breath you take has mention of the Farrells and Zack from Perfect so if you are ready for more contemporary read it third.

Aurore glad you loved it