Amanda's Reviews > Hedge Fund Wives

Hedge Fund Wives by Tatiana Boncompagni

Aug 02, 10

bookshelves: anti-climatic, disappointment, fairytale-like
Read from August 01 to 02, 2010

Hedge Fund Wives was a fast and interesting enough read. Books like these are my guilty pleasure and somehow I take an interest in looking into the lives of the rich and the richer.

Marcy is the protagonist which I immediately took a liking to. She struggles with very real situations that real life women can easily relate to. Despite her wealth, she remained humble and had a sympathetic and clear view of the world and it was interesting to see her battle against the facades of the supposed upperclass society. The minor characters in the books also offered an intriguing view to how a wealthy lifestyle can easily destroy relationships and show how sometimes, money isn't always the key.

While I enjoyed the story, I absolutely couldn't stand the constant name dropping of brands and descriptions of furniture. My interest also wavered while they were talking about the economy and businesses (perhaps not my strongest forte) and I found myself skimming paragraphs and pages that were not particularly relevant to the main storyline. I also found myself in gripes about the ending which was purely awful. Boncompagni basically sums up the ending in one chapter that made a sudden time jump four years ahead with Marcy in a completely total different life. It seemed too sudden with completely no ease into the plot and I felt like it was a waste of reading the last few chapters if everything was summed up in one.

Basically, Hedge Fund Wives is interesting enough to pick up if you enjoy an older version of Gossip Girl but I felt like it could have been edited and written better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hedge Fund Wives.

08/01/2010 page 155