Fani's Reviews > A Dark & Stormy Night

A Dark & Stormy Night by Anne Stuart

I have to warn future readers of what myself wish I had known before I bought this book: it belongs more to the PNR shelf of any raders' collection rather than the romantic suspense it claims to be. And let me warn you that PNR elements in this one are waaaay too prominent and also out of ordinary (at least what you would deem ordinary) than your regular suspense book usually features.

Suffice it to say that the hero's identity became the butt joke of my husband's teasing during our holidays and that I felt incredibly silly of admitting to read such a plot. Besides, I never really felt the love between the hero and the heroine. She falls in love with him because he's incredibly handsome, while his reasons for falling in love with her are not even explained. They just know they're meant for each other by the instinct their Irish heritage provides them. Well, not having any irish blood in me, I didn't get any such feeling. Also, the hero was completely unlikable until the very end. I mean, all Stuart's heroes are mean and cruel, but at least they show some kind action or noble act that proves them worth saving. This one however was mean and cruel all the way through; why the heroine fell in love with him is simply beyond me.

Perhaps the most indifferent Anne Stuart book I've read to date.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dark & Stormy Night.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by willaful (new)

willaful I wish I could've been a fly on the wall... my husband is an awesome teaser, is yours?

Fani Yes, he is:) He has a soft spot for my "dukes" as he calls all my romance reads, and when I get angry and start yelling at him about how stupid the plot/hero/heroine is, he always teases me and unfortunately he doesn't forget as easy as I do!
But this one, was kind of silly IMO. I wish I was prepared for it before I read it, but it caught me completely unaware.