Andrea's Reviews > Bruiser

Bruiser by Neal Shusterman

Aug 26, 10

bookshelves: fiction
Read in August, 2010

Told from four points of view, BRUISER was quite the twist on reality, even though it was told so well that it didn't even seem like it should be impossible. After Bronte starts dating the Bruiser, she and her twin brother Tennyson find out there really IS a reason Brewster's had stand-offish and weird down perfectly – odd things happen when he cares about people.

Like UNWIND being more than just a futuristic world, BRUISER was more than a story featuring a boy with an infeasible ability. Definitely thought-provoking.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bruiser.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nic (new)

Nic I want to read this and also Unwind. They both sound really good :)

Arlene I'm reading this soon too. Shustermin has a wicked imagination and I like to observe it from a safe distance.

message 3: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Unwind was that really freaky one you warned me about right Arlene? This one sounds good but I'm wary with this author for some reason...
Good review though Andrea!

message 4: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea Ah Unwind was SO . . . good? crazy? thank goodness I don't live in that world cause I might've gotten unwound? holy crap x ten? It's a definite must-read!

Arlene Yes Tina. Unwind is crazy.crazy.crazy!! It has one of the most horrific chapters I have ever read. You like to read fiction to escape to a happy place. This will not do it for you my friend. No way no how. But one of the best books too I must say.

message 6: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Ah yes, it's all screaming back to me, I'll pass on that book. I don't mind crazy but not in that way. Thanks hun:)