James's Reviews > The Revolution: A Manifesto

The Revolution by Ron Paul

Jun 28, 10

Read in September, 2008

Quick read. It's definitely a manifesto. It briefly hits on a number of topics, and then redirects the reader to a lot of other works. I agree with many of the stances that Ron Paul takes in this book. What I thought was lacking was an end goal. Paul basically wants debate on the issues he brings up. I guess that's a start, but what's the end goal. Freedom? Liberty? That's pretty generic.

Also, true revolutions need leaders. You need someone who's willing to put their name on the line. Guys like the Founding Fathers who actually signed the Declaration of Independence. Willing to risk it all. I don't think Ron Paul is that guy. He himself is following a path of evolution, not revolution. He wants to work within a political party the he himself admits has lost its way from its earlier ideals. And while he provides us with a number of intellectual works showing why we need to get back to our country's initial beliefs, he doesn't offer up any examples of leaders we should look to in order to actually bring about this change.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Revolution.