Lynn Dove's Reviews > Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider

Rabbit by Ellen C. Maze

Jun 23, 10

bookshelves: christian-fiction
I own a copy

Beth Rider has just written a novel that has caught the attention of a group of demon-like entities called "Rakum" who have lived for thousands of years carrying out their blood-thirsty, vampire-like exploitation of human beings. Now a virus is running rampant amongst the Rakum and the Rakum Brotherhood is threatened with extinction. What is causing this?...they are reading Beth Rider's novels and are being transformed. Why?...because her novels point them to her Savior and they are being redeemed by His message of forgiveness, peace and love and becoming...human!

When I first started reading this book, I had no idea how the author would manage to weave into her "vampire-like" plotline a spiritual message but she has done just that! The Rakum, we discover are actually "Nephilim" meaning "fallen ones" (Gen.6:1-4) who were loosed upon the world to wreck havoc amongst human kind. Much like Frank Peretti's giving flesh and names to his angels and demons in his books, Ellen Maze has done the same thing with the Rakum. She describes a worldly battle between God's "fallen" and God's "chosen" and as readers we are thrust into a storyline that leaves us on the edge of our seats wanting to know how the God of the Universe will ultimately be declared the Winner.

This book is a page turner, fast paced, exciting, (graphic and violent in some places so parents be warned), but with all the secular vampire novels out there that tend to glorify the occult, this one glorifies God. I give "Rabbit" a big thumbs up!

Lynn Dove - author
Shoot The Wounded
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rabbit.

Ellen Maze Thank you Lynn! I'm so happy you enjoyed my story and didn't get too scared :P