Kara Hunt's Reviews > Touching the Clouds

Touching the Clouds by Bonnie Leon

Jul 13, 10

Read from June 25 to July 13, 2010 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** Bonnie Leon takes you on a riveting tour of 1935 Alaska as pilot Kate Evans sets out to prove herself as a female pilot that can handle anything the bush throws at her.

She quickly learns that being a pilot in the territory is more difficult than she anticipated, and is fraught with danger for pilots and the people who live there.

Mike Conlin, a fellow pilot, is one of the few men who don’t give Kate a hard time at the airfield where they work. Soon, she realizes that Mike means more to her than just a good friend and a relationship ensues. But there is also the mysterious Paul Anderson, the rugged and good-looking loner that lives along one of her wilderness routes. Kate is immediately intrigued by him, but finds that the more she tries to get to know him, the less she really knows. But her feelings for him won’t let her stop trying.

In the air, Kate encounters close calls more than once, each one bringing back a haunting memory from her past, which resulted in a tragic and regrettable flying mistake. As she struggles to forgive herself, Kate is determined to prevent a situation like that from happening again – but it does.

My Review – Because I don’t normally read a lot of historical fiction, I was a little skeptical about whether or not I would enjoy the book, but “Touching the Clouds” took me by surprise and was a great read. A treat. A book I couldn’t wait to get back to reading and wanted to read more when it ended. I can’t wait for the next book in the series. Whether you read historical fiction or not, you will enjoy this book. Highly recommended.

Disclaimer – A complimentary copy of this book was received for review.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touching the Clouds.

07/04/2010 page 133
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bonnie Kara, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the book. Thanks for writing a review.

Bonnie