Esteban del Mal's Reviews > Please Understand Me: Character and Temperament Types

Please Understand Me by David Keirsey

Jul 03, 10

bookshelves: non-fiction, meet-ze-monsta
Read from June 23 to July 03, 2010

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!

*****

"INFJs can intuit good and evil in others, although they seldom can tell how they came to know. Subsequent events tend to bear them out, however."

"[INFJs:] are masters of the metaphor, and both their verbal and written communications tend to be elegant and complex."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Please Understand Me.

06/23/2010 page 31
06/25/2010 page 67
32.0% "NFs have the "Apollonian Temperament." We got mad self-actualization skillz, yo!""
07/02/2010 page 99
47.0% "The Pygmalion Project is just my way of saying "I love you," honey."
07/03/2010 page 207
99.0% "At times, [the NF], may be accused of lying when in fact he is only exercising his imagination."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ben (new)

Ben So glad you also liked this. What Keirsey did was ground breaking. I'm on the couch right now with an INFJ, watching the world cup, and she wants me to tell you that "you're not alone."-- except of course for the fact that you're a MALE INFJ, and those don't really exist. (That last part was added in by me.)

Cheers, mate.

Esteban del Mal Thanks, Ben! This is my Summer of Self-Discovery.

Yes. We male INFJs are rare. Probably constitute a large percentage of the serial killer segment of society, tho', or World Cup referees (that's a joke, see -- we hide behind humor and metaphor because the world is too much for us; off to put my toenail clippings in a jar).

I see you're read up on the MBTI. Looking forward to comparing notes. :)

Esteban del Mal I saw a bitchy transvestite kick the crap outta three skinheads once. It was surreal.