Natasha's Reviews > Pale Demon

Mar 07, 11

Read from March 04 to 05, 2011

Best installment yet!

"Pale Demon"
is the ninth installment in the Hollows series by the amazing, Kim Harrison.
If your a fan of The Hollows series already, then this was a must read for you. If your like me, then you were begging for this installment since you finished "BMS" and ofcourse after reading this I can happily say, it's my favorite of the series. Yes, there were more emotionally written intstallments in this series, but this was just too good to be true. Only bad thing is, the next one won't be out for another year. *Pulls hair out waiting!*

I don't want to give any major spoilers, but I have to say, I loved the interaction between Rachel and Trent.
Trent was always a favorite of mine, but not as much as he is now. Trent opens up, yeah, I know..sounds too good to be true, right? But he honeslty does grow as a character and we see a whole new side of him. It's definitely exciting.

Al is my favorite as always. Although he's the "bad guy", he's my favorite for Rachel. He's right for her, in a weird, sick kind of way. If your also a fan of Al, then this novel is a slam dunk for you. He isn't in the beggining as much as I'd like, but he comes through from the middle to end strong.

Jenks. Jenks. Jenks. Am I ever glad he's still going strong. I don't know what I'd do without him in this series. He's what makes this series what it is. "Pale Demon" shows him trying to grow withouth Malida. He's ajusting, although it isn't easy for him. He misses his wife, but he's trying to move on with his life. But Jenks is Jenks and he still makes you laugh with his quirky sayings. His loyalty is amirable, he truly is a great character. One of the best.

Ivy has grown imendesly in this instalemment. I never thought I'd see the day of how much Ivy has matured as a vampire. Her happiness is something we've never seen, and I like seening it.
Rachel is the same old Rachel. Yes, she's grown, but she still makes Rachel mistakes. Though, that's why we love her -lol. I love Rachel, she's one of my favorite female characters. She's smart, pretty, funny and can kick major butt. There's no lack of butt kicking in this novel, that's for sure.

Over all I'd rate this novel a 10 out of 5! (Yes, I know impossible, but it really was that good!) It was non-stop action and was full of twists. I had a hard time putting it down to eat. It was one for the shelves, and worth every penny.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pale Demon.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Robin Oh my gosh!Didn't you just love this book?I think this one has got to be the best book Kim Harrison has written.

Natasha It really was!!!

message 3: by D (new) - rated it 5 stars

D Totally agree!!

Jackie I am so glad that I had a chance to get this one right after release day, only wish could have gotten to meet the author when she was in Texas and gotten it signed! Wonderful story to add to the series, cannot wait to see what happens next for Rachel and the gang!