Nina's Reviews > Dark and Disorderly

Dark and Disorderly by Bernita Harris

Jun 23, 2010

Read in July, 2010

Reading the first line of Dark and Disorderly made me want to read the whole story immediately. It drew me in like a little kid at a candy store.

Lillie isn’t the average heroine. Yes, she’s strong, determined and very alert. But she’s also scared and needs big broad shoulders to cry one. Lillie is a realistic character, except for the job, but it’s easy to relate to her. I really liked Lillie, but I wished that there was more depth to her. Not only to her, but also to the other characters in the story. John Tresher, the detective, plays a big role in the story. He confused me the whole time. Then I thought he liked her, then again not. The whole guessing part made me enjoy the story more.

There is almost non stop action in this book. Lillie is confronted with ghosts, beansidhes, zombies and even normal people who don’t like ‘freaks’. You got to love that.
The one thing that I didn’t like about the story was that there are lot of words used that I don’t understand. A lot of paranormal words without any explanation.

But overall Dark and Disorderly is a book that fans of the paranormal genre will adore. I can’t wait to read the next book in this wonderful new series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark and Disorderly.