Kim's Reviews > Flutter

Flutter by Amanda Hocking

Jun 30, 10

bookshelves: ebook, read-in-2010, ya
Read from June 27 to 30, 2010

I'll be honest and tell you that I pretty much skimmed through the last 15% of the book because I got bored.

So, Alice is still being her fabulous self. At first she and Ezra are going after Peter who is on a suicide mission. First he refuses to come home with them, but after two and a half words from Alice, he changes his mind. Her bond with Peter is gone, but that' doesn't stop her from kissing him for god knows what reason. Later in the book, Peter throws this in Jack's face and Jack leaves. 3 entire days later (I know, I don't know how either of them survived that long without each other) he comes home, tells her he can't live without her and asks her if she wants to run away with him (they decide to move out and start looking for a place to stay) they try to have sex, but are interrupted, AGAIN. But like, one chapter later Alice gears up in sexy lingerie and Jack gives her some sweet lovin'. Which really didn't live up to my expectations, with all the close-but-no-sigar-moments they had, I was ready to explode.

In the meantime, Mae's nervous breakdown is still going downhill (I felt like slapping her), and I understood she turned her great granddaughter into a vampire because she didn't want her to die. Or something. Good luck with telling that abomination why she can't go to parties. Or have a boyfriend. Or do anything that doesn't involve watching purple dinosaurs on TV.

My prediction about Jane becoming a streetwalker wasn't that far off, apparently. Instead she became a happy blood hooker, addicted to the bite of a vampire.

Milo almost killed his boyfriend, Jane almost got killed by her boyfriend, Peter almost got killed by a rogue vampire pack, Ezra almost got killed by said rogue vampire pack.

Either way, I'll keep on reading, bring on the next one please.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flutter.

06/28/2010
3.0% "Alice is getting on my nerves. Must be a new record."
06/30/2010
84.0% "Hahahahahahahaha"
06/30/2010
100.0% 1 comment
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nic (new)

Nic LOL. Loved your review.

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Thanks ^^

message 3: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ "Or do anything that doesn't involve watching purple dinosaurs on TV" <----- LMAO!!

Great Review! You sure got a lot of entertainment from these reads, does the story conclude or will there be more?
Okay, I need to read the first one one of these days:D

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim There is a 4th one coming out in August, called Wisdom. *snorts*

message 5: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Well, then this should be good:) lol

message 6: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim That's using the term rather loosely, Tina ^^

message 7: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Yes but you've established that bad is good and good is bad for these particular books darling:)

message 8: by Kerri (new)

Kerri O'C Your reviews are really funny! LOL.Loved it

Amber I actually like the books better than you do, but your reviews are hilarious!

message 10: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Hehe, thank you. I had the most fun while I was writing my reviews, that counts for something, right? ^^

Amber Haha yeah it does.. I do miss your review on Wisdom it's rather short. :p Is it the last book and are you planning to read on if it isn't?

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica ROFL XD Babe, you are my hero. Nobody makes me laugh the way you do.

message 13: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim I distinctly remember being bored all the way through it. I'm not sure if Wisdom is the last one (I think it had an open ending, but I could be way off base) but I'm pretty sure I won't read it if there's another book coming in this series.

I had fun with it, but after a while, even that got boring.

Amber Haha well I had fun with your reviews so if you find another book you hate let me know so I can read your comments! :P

message 15: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Jessica wrote: "ROFL XD Babe, you are my hero. Nobody makes me laugh the way you do."

D'aaaaw, thanks darlin'. I should find a new book to rant about, it's been a while.

message 16: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Amber wrote: "Haha well I had fun with your reviews so if you find another book you hate let me know so I can read your comments! :P"

I never hate a book, it's usually extreme disliking, or me mocking all the silly. =)

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Yes! It's been ages since I've read a nice and sturdy rant review...

message 18: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Any suggestions babe?

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Hmm, how about Torment?

message 20: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim I don't want to scare Lora, she tried suggesting it for the pile reduction challenge.

message 21: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Ah, ok. Hmm, I have to think about it but right now I can't think because, well, you know why *grins*

message 22: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Yeah, Barrons' pen is quite.... something.

message 23: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Ah yes. A big and shiny pen. A hard pen. An extraordinary pen. I really do pens.

message 24: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim OMG, there is one part I want to discuss with you but I can't yet. I laughed so hard. Please read quickly.

message 25: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I'm reading like a maniac. (view spoiler)

message 26: by M. (new) - rated it 1 star

M. This book has many flaws but the worst one is the main character. She is a slacker, terrible friend, terrible girlfriend, terrible daughter, and stupid so I really don't see why all the vamps adore her. I really don't think I can go on reading it.

message 27: by Izze (new)

Izze Rose Haha I love your reviews! I haven't read this series but I kind of want to now just to be amused.

Felicia Exactly how I felt about this book!