Bill Currie's Reviews > The Girl Who Played with Fire

Jun 22, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: fiction
Read from June 22 to 27, 2010

The story line carried me along with with anticipation until right after the middle of the book when the all the relevant information in the criminal investigation and the journalistic investigation begins to get repeated over and over. There are new leads but I felt i was suspended in period of just rereading similar passages of thought presented in a slightly different way. It made me antsy and frustrated. I felt like yelling,"let's get this story moving on."

However Larsson had me glued to the book. I found myself staying up way too late to finish the next chapter and then the next. So where do our pair of super heros go next? I can hardly wait .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Played with Fire.

message 1: by Robin (new)

Robin It's interesting to me to read your comments on this book. After reading the 1st of the series I felt no compunction to continue on. It seemed to me that there were just too many plots, some resolved, some not. I guess that's the nature of writing a trilogy, the author was some unresolved plot points to "hook" you into reading the next. Not so much for me. I did hear from a neighbor who finished the 3rd that it is much more political, much more conspiracy theory material. I'll wait until you are done to hear your verdict. Good for you!