Paige's Reviews > Wake

Wake by Lisa McMann

Aug 18, 10

bookshelves: i-own
Read from August 15 to 16, 2010 — I own a copy

Janie Hannagan has been falling into people's dreams since she was 8 years old. Having no control over when they take place she struggles to have a normal life. But her life is far from normal. She has a alcoholic mother and lives in a poor neighborhood. She works all the hours she can at the local nursing home trying to save money for college. When her friend Carrie starts dating, Janie grows close to Cabel Strumheller.The one person who she feels she can talk too. But when rumors start flying, their relationship is put on hold. That is until Cabel finds a way to make her listen. The writing style took me a while to get use too. I almost wanted to put the book down and not finish it, b/c the style is just so different. The time setting jumps around and it feels like you never get a calm moment, just bits and pieces of things. Something is always happening. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm really glad I continued, b/c I really did enjoy this book and can't wait to read fade. I liked the relationship Janie had with Cabel.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wake.