Chelsea's Reviews > The Iron King

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Oct 20, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2011, reviewed
Read from May 08 to 20, 2011

I'm quiet happy to say that this actually lived up to everything that I had heard. The sad part is I hadn't really heard of this book until the third one came out. Which to me really sucks because I kind of wish that I would have known about it before when maybe the second or first on were the only ones out. I really like the suspense of waiting for the sequels. But then again, being able to have the next two able for me to read as soon as I want to or have the time to. That is a good perk because after reading this one I really really want to read them.

I was hooked from the second I started this book. It got to where when I was reading it I was getting pissed I would have to put it away to go do something else. From the minute the action and adventure started in this book it was go go go. It really kept my attention too, and it has been a bit since I've read a book that I would fall asleep reading it because I didn't want to go to sleep but couldn't physically stay awake.

I was also pretty happy with the relationship between Ash and Meghan. I of course don't want to say too much because I would hate to give anything away. So I'm just going to keep it to this. The way that their relationship developed was amazingly written. I love how you could feel the emotions that they had and also knew things that the other didn't.

All in all this was a really good book. I think the only thing that made me not give it a full 5/5 was because I had expectations for the way things would end, but honesty the ending was pretty good. Ok i lied, the ending was actually really good, I just had this idea of what would happen that i liked a bit better than the way that it really did end. I would recommend this book to everyone because it's such a good read and because it would be a good book for people of all ages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron King.