Patricia (Patricia's Particularity)'s Reviews > Rules of Attraction

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Jan 06, 2011

bookshelves: young-adult, favorite, wishlist
Read from September 16 to 19, 2010

Simone Elkeles does it again! While I absolutely loved Perfect Chemistry, this was an amazing follow-up; which for me was really hard to do. I loved the first book so much it took a little bit to get into this one, as this one is about Carlos Fuentes, Alex's younger brother, and Kiara (however, both Alex and Brittany make more than one appearance in this book!). Like Alex, Carlos is full of attitude. Once he arrives to America, he can not wait to piss his older brother off, just because he can. Who doesn't like a little bad boy??? I know I do.

I really loved Kiara. She is not the popular girl and is not overtly beautiful, but is more natural and real and is all about her studies. I think more people can relate to Kiara more than Brittany from Perfect Chemistry. Once Alex moves in Kiara's family you can feel the heat building up between the two.

Again, Simone Elkeles gives her characters plenty of development and a chance to state their case. Unlike Perfect Chemistry, I didn't find myself yelling (in the good way) at these characters as much. I felt that Kiara was very much an adult in her decision making and her reasons for her reserve on Alex. Alex, however, kept his bad boy streak to the very end, which did annoy me a bit (in the good way again) - - boys sometimes just don't get it. I felt for both Kiara and Alex throughout the whole book.

Simone Elkeles continues to surpass all my expectations, and I can not wait for Chain Reaction to come out.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rules of Attraction.

09/18/2010 page 50