Dustin Crazy little brown owl's Reviews > Icebound

Read from January 19 to 25, 2014 — I own a copy, read count: 1

My opinion prior to 2014: I do not like this book :-(
I recommend Deception Point by Dan Brown - it is so much more better imho
Deception Point by Dan Brown

2014: I finally succeeded in reading Icebound after three previous attempts. I was surprised to find myself enjoying the story. It is the only book like this written by Dean Koontz. Dean writes in the afterword: "...this is the only book of its type I've written, and if readers wanted another, I'd have nothing to offer...."

I enjoyed hearing about one character who is able to overcome her fears. I think we all have fears in one form or another and it brings to mind the lyrics from one of my favorite musical artists, Brandon Flowers (Lead singer for The Killers): Our Dreams Will Break The Boundaries of Our Fears

The mention of Dr.Denton Footed Pajamas got me curious and I started looking online. Here is a blog entry I found:

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Icebound.

07/27 page 125
01/25 marked as: currently-reading
01/25 page 380
93.0% "Reading & Succeeding!!! If you don't at first succeed, try, try again!!!!"
01/25 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Um..Dan Brown..?

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Hell Yeah Dan Brown!!! The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons - Good Stuff - the books are so much better than the movies :-)

message 3: by Tracy (new) - added it

Tracy Ohh, I like Dan Brown!

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Tracy wrote: "Ohh, I like Dan Brown!"

:-) The Da Vinci Code is my favorite, Angels & Demons my second favorite and Deception Point my third favorite. Too bad he's not as prolific as Dean Koontz so I have to wait years in between :-(

Uri Lol, congrats on finally finding a way to finish this book!

Caitlyn I like this book because it was the first Dean Koontz book I read. BUT it really is different from his normal books now. I think he must have been experimenting with action/adventure type books. Like the reveiw and glad you stuck with it!

Dustin Crazy little brown owl Thank You Cate :-)