Janean's Reviews > Perfect Fifths

Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty

Jun 22, 10

it was ok
Read from June 21 to 22, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I definitely didn't hate this the way I thought I would. I didn't hate:
1. the change of format, especially since I've begun loathing Jessica, it was nice to actually see things from Marcus's point of view (kinda)
2. Marcus going "ga-ga" over Jessica, since I was so annoyed at her obsessive infatuation with him.
3. Jessica and Marcus finally got some time apart (at least we're told they have). Let's be honest, they needed some space.
Still hated:
1. Jessica. That's all there is to it.
2. Some very unnecessary scenes and characters (Sunny? Come on McCafferty. That's up there with the whole "Hope" is my best friend...bleh. If you are going to try and use names creatively, please be smarter than that).
3. The shower scene. I was warned though so I wasn't super weirded out.
4. McCafferty's attempt at poetry.
5. The way the minor characters were left. I demand a sequel (only one McCafferty...don't try dragging it out like this series) where we find out what happened to Scotty and Sara, Pepe and Bridget, and Mr and Mrs. Darling (I'm actually very interested in her parents).
I'm definitely glad I read these, although I do think the fourth one was the most painful.
McCafferty, like Stephanie Meyer, need to be told to quit while you're ahead.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Fifths.

Jillian whoa. you are flying!