Kate 's Reviews > The Crescent

The Crescent by Jordan Deen

Jun 22, 10

Read from June 21 to 22, 2010

THE CRESCENT, by Jordan Deen, was an original spin on werewolves. Deen created the perfect setting for understanding her take on werewolves and the primal thoughts and urges that surround their being.

This book stands out on its own in terms of creativity. The connection that Lacey shared with both Brandon and Alex was equally tempting and passionate. With Brandon it was more of a mental connection and with Alex it was definitely physical. The decision to choose from the brain or body was Lacey's impossible choice. I liked the tension created from both wolf packs to "get" Lacey on either side. This added tension created a really great love triangle and I soon became anxious for its resolution.

One thing that bothered me about this book was the immediate romance between Lacey and Alex. I felt that there should have been a bit more of a courtship between the two, or at least more questions from Lacey on why he jumped right into the relationship. Alex was a bit too clingy for my taste and Lacey constantly wondered why, but hesitated to take a step back herself. And I wish there could have been more involvement for Brandon in the relationship, but maybe there will be in the sequel.

I enjoyed this supernatural tale of fate versus choice and I am excited to read the sequel Half Moon, where I hope many of my questions will be answered.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crescent.