Ginny's Reviews > Delirium

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Nov 10, 10

bookshelves: 2010, arc, dystopia, move-over-twilight
Read in November, 2010

Lauren Oliver has a way with words. They just flow right off the page, lingering for days to come. Her newest one, Delirium, is no exception.

Lena lives in a world where love is a dirty word. Love has been nothing but a curse, a disease. Once a person turns 18 they have a procedure to rid themselves of love forever. Lena has always followed the rules, she wants to be cured, is eager for it. With 95 days to go, everything changes. Lena changes. She learns what love really is.

I loved this book. It took me a few chapters to fall in to it, but once it did, I didn't want to stop! And in the wake of me having a personal vendetta against the lead females falling for some other guy after she has been chosen/matched/mated/paired/whatevered with another guy, I need to declare to one and all: I, Ginny, love Alex. I can't decide if I am happy about a second book or not...I just don't know. With that being said, I'm looking forward to the second book.

If you liked this book, give Matchedby Ally Condie a shot.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delirium.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lindsay Hunter I, Lindsay, love Alex, too.

Wendy Darling Ginny--you should read her new middle grade book, Liesl & Po! It's so so good.