Lighthearted's Reviews > Shoot to Thrill

Shoot to Thrill by P.J. Tracy

Jun 21, 10

bookshelves: mystery, thriller

Monkeewrench is back, baby! Monkeewrench is a haunted, eccentric, close-knit team of computer geniuses who’ve turned their skills from creating computer games to developing anticrime software. Harley Davidson, Roadrunner, Annie and Grace must a) crack the code killers are using to communicate online b) create software which will separate staged murders from the real thing and c) trace the online snuff films to the killers. Minneapolis homicide detectives Leo Magozzi and Gino Rolseth are along for the ride, as is series newcomer FBI agent John Smith.

Shoot to Thrill offers a chilling premise and some moments of intense suspense. I love the series regulars: they are among my favorite fictional characters. Although we didn’t see much of Annie or Roadrunner this time around, Grace has a surprise for us—one that I’m still puzzling over. Hopefully another Monkeewrench title is already in the works . . . . Shoot to Thrill can be read as a standalone but you’ll have a better appreciation for the characters if you read the preceding novels.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shoot to Thrill.