Linda Day's Reviews > Bruno, Chief Of Police

Bruno, Chief Of Police by Martin Walker

F_50x66
Jun 21, 10

Read in June, 2010

So, another book about France during the 2nd World War with information I did not know ! Was I sleeping during History Class ? Surely not ! I had Rob't Sweet after all, and we studied the history of football games played over the weekend each and every Monday ! But France's role in WWII ... I do not remember !

Anyway-y-y, the first book I read abt the position France played (Sarah's Key) had to do with the annihalation of Jews BY France as they assisted the Nazis in "rounding up" and transferring women and children to the death camps.

This book, a mystery, has to do with the French Resistance ... much more comfortable ground for me to read. We have seen many movies about the air drops, etc. by the USA and others to keep the French fighting for their own freedom.

I liked the book ... I really liked the last 1/3 ! It kind of d-r-u-g along at first, but picked up steam towards the end, and finished strong. It is a mystery, so there is a killing, but you don't see it. There is sex but you don't see it. There is alot of "inside" French humor, but you don't get it (unless you speak French and drink wine, and I do neither).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bruno, Chief Of Police.