Derek Neighbors's Reviews > Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography of Kurt Cobain

Heavier Than Heaven by Charles R. Cross

Jun 26, 11

Read from May 29 to June 26, 2011

This was a great insight into a legend. Hearing about his confliction with so many things. Raw yet wanting. Amazing that while on top of the world could be so lonely. Oddly, I this was an artist of my generation, but because they were killing the rock and roll I loved, I never was a huge fan. I do readily admit that they changed the face of music during their time. I never cared for Courtney Love, but this showed me a side of her that the media never has. A side that seemed to be the one more in control than out of control. Am interested to see if France Bean does anything artistically of significance in her life time. If you like music or Nirvana this is a must read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heavier Than Heaven.

06/05/2011 page 32
8.0% "Author is really detailed.. This book is going to drag out.. Interesting to get some insight into his upbringing so far.."
06/07/2011 page 64
16.0% "Stories of Kurts youth better than expected. Interesting to hear of his musical taste and his artistic talent outside music."
06/10/2011 page 96
25.0% "The content is getting better and better. Finally getting to the start of Nirvana."
06/12/2011 page 115
30.0% "Nirvana is starting really get out and play. Over a 100 shows during this year compared to 12 the year before.. Hello 1989."
06/14/2011 page 185
49.0% "Bleach released. Kurt getting more confused. Nirvana finding it's way. Has me thinking about what it takes to push the edge."
06/15/2011 page 190
50.0% "In studio recording nevermind. About to get more interesting."
06/18/2011 page 254
67.0% "Francis Bean is born. The band is famous. Things are beginning to unravel. Six months from unknown to famous to destruction."
06/23/2011 page 350
92.0% "Things are failing apart rapidly for Kurt. Drugs have their grips on him."
06/26/2011 page 381
100.0% "Truly heavier than heaven."