~Tina~'s Reviews > She's So Dead to Us

She's So Dead to Us by Kieran Scott

May 27, 11

bookshelves: own, contemporary, young-adult, read-2011
Read from May 26 to 27, 2011

SO! This book was lots of fun, in that I-wanted-to-reach-into-the-book-and-punch-these-characters-upside-the-head!

She's So Dead to Us, starts off with Ally and her mom back in town, after having to escape in absolute shame since Ally's dad lost a lot of money in a bad investment, leaving them broke as well as most of their friends.
Only when Ally tries to make nice with her old circle, she's outcast and dubbed as a just a 'Norm'.
Jake Graydon the oh-so-gorgeous guy who now lives in Ally's old mansion, can't help be attracted to the girl who all his friends hate, but can he follow his heart or does he keep following the in-crowd?

Truth me told, I'm amazed I even finished this book. This, is not a Tina book. This book, these characters, represent everything I hate about popular social cliques. It felt like I was reading 275 pages of 'Lets shit on Ally' since her FATHER made a mistake. Not Ally, but her father. I spend half the night thinking about how a lot of the conversations should have went, since some of these characters were so gutless to say it.
I wanted to hate all these characters, but really there was only two I hated the most. Faith and Shannen. Actually Shannen is the biggest.bitch I've ever met and wanted to punch her most of all. She's controlling and manipulative and malicious and immature. I don't care what her reason are, she's pure evil in my freaken book. Hammond, Chloe and especially Jake, just didn't have the freaken balls to stand-up to their friends. Can't look uncool now, that would be bad. Pfft. But I think the worse one out of all this was Jake. Seriously, the guy had his moments, sure, and I actually did like him, but I couldn't believe what a spineless ass he was being, not to mention the fact that he's a male-slut and so dame arrogant. Yes, okay, he had defended Ally...but what's the point when it was done behind her back?
Jake and Ally do have some really great chemistry and when it's just the two of them it feels like they're in there own little bubble. I couldn't help but hope for them throughout the story, even though a part of me thinks that Ally deserves and could do better.

So why did I give this four stars when obviously me and this book had issues?

All of the above.

Kieran Scott is a fantastic, fantastic writer! Never did read anything from her before, but she's made an instant fan out of me. My all time favorite thing about reading is when a writer can invoke such powerful emotions from me. Whether it be rage, hope, lust or laughter. And dame! Did I have some emotions for this book. I don't think I've ever read a book this fast, and I'm a pretty fast reader. I was so completely consummed by this that I had to ignore the twist in my stomach from being so utterly frustrated, annoyed and quite frankly, pissed off from hell.
So, Kudos to Scott! She knows how to make a reader feel and that my friends is what reading is all about.

In a nut shell, I loved this book, I hated this book and that goes for these characters as well. This book is filled with the utmost drama, angst and pure teenage-immaturity but it's also has some sweet warm moments that makes the reader really hope for the best and crave that happily ever after.
The last thing I want to mention is that I'm SO glad I don't have to wait till the next book, cause that ending was seriously harsh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read She's So Dead to Us.

05/26/2011 page 46
15.0% "Already frustrated and annoyed...and yet I can't stop reading."
05/26/2011 page 162
53.0% "Good Gawd! Why am I still reading this?!? Everyone is such assholes!" 7 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jessica Awesome review, Tina!

~Tina~ Thanks hun!

message 3: by Nic (new)

Nic Love the review twinie. I don't think it is a me kind of book. I am pretty sure it would be the type of book I would throw across the room. Too much mean girl and drama.

Nomes love the review.

i agree this book completely sucks you in. i read it in one day o.o

wait until the ending of #2! argh...

message 5: by ~Tina~ (last edited May 27, 2011 04:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~Tina~ Thanks!:)
Oh you would definitely have thrown this across the room twinie. These girls aren't mean. They.are.bitches.
But at last, I liked it, but it took a lot out of me.

~jumps up and down~ NOMES! I'm almost at the ending. This book is soooo freaken frustrating, but I still really liked it:)

Nomes i think i was in the wrong mood for all the drama of #2

now you get to wait for #3, haha ;)

~Tina~ ~head desk~

message 8: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Wow, this book definitely took you down Angst Avenue! I'm curious about this book now. :) Great review and I like your venting moment as well. Glad I'm not the only one that does that. LOL

~Tina~ Oh yeah, Arlene! Angst all over the freaken place. Just finished the sequel and it was pretty much the same, but I it's fun. I'm curious how you'd like these books:)