Katie's Reviews > Eclipse

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

May 06, 08

bookshelves: vampire, young-adult, borrowed-from-the-library, books-i-own, supernatural, nh
Recommended for: YA, Vampire fans
Read in May, 2008

** spoiler alert ** This is the best of the series by far! I'm so glad I didn't give up after New Moon! I enjoyed this one from start to finish, which hasn't happened before in the series.

In this book, several of the other characters get fleshed out, like Jasper & Rosalie, and the plot thickens. I loved just about everything in this story...Bella seemed to mature quite a bit and I like how the conflict level ramped up. I still think Jacob is an annoying immature boy/werewolf, but that's just me! I found myself telling him to "Grow Up!" about twenty times while reading! *L* But I liked that the characters seemed to actually grow in this book instead of dragging out their plot lines.

I think this book had a bunch of great one-liners too...I caught myself smiling or laughing quite a number of times! I knew what was going to happen, but I still liked the way she worked everything out. The only thing I wish there had been more of was the big fight...we got practically no details about it (probably because Edward & Bella weren't there for the main fight), and I felt like so much had been built up to it, that I would have liked to see a bit of action with the Cullen family pulling together with the Werewolves to fight the newborns.

I can't wait for the next book, I just hope it keeps up with this one and doesn't get to wrapped up with the wedding nonsense. It should be very exciting if all goes as it is supposed to go!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eclipse.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jodie Hi Katie,
Just wanted to say I agree with your review of this book. I really liked this one the best too and I was smiling/laughing while reading it too. You'll have to read my review of the book. :)
Jodie

message 2: by Mandy (new) - added it

Mandy Hi Katie,

So we like a lot of the same books and I've heard heaps about this series but I've never read anything like them and was just wondering what you thought, like is it too unbelieveable? I know it would be but does it take away from the story? I'm hoping you know what I mean here, I'm not sure how to say it exactly.