J.J. Levesque's Reviews > Into Thin Air

Into Thin Air by Cindy Miles

Jun 25, 10

bookshelves: romance
Read from June 20 to 25, 2010 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** I'm torn between four and five stars for this, and wish I could give the book 4.5 stars instead. So I'll just go with the five because in the end, the book was fantastic.

The start was slow at first, and I struggled to really get into the story, unlike other books by this author. But once characters from Spirited Away make an appearance, the story picks up and I was sucked in. Jason is just as adorable in the previous book, and he resumes his role of guarding a maids honor. How can you not love him?

It was interesting how the roles were reversed in this book. Gawan, while still from another century, is alive, and the girl is the ghost. It was a refreshing twist to the formula Miles goes by. Towards the end I was heartbroken, because I did not think it could end well. Being both alive but never remembering the person you love is more upsetting to me then if one of them should die. But as with her books, all ends in a Happily Ever After, which is what I love so much about them.

It seems that Christian, one of the side characters in the book, has things happening. As I read it, I wondered if she was setting the reader up to give him his own book, and it appears that does happen in her most recently released fifth book. I have read the fourth and third (out of order, sadly, though not necessary to read them in order as they are not a series) and I wonder if any of these characters make their appearance. I will have to go back and reread them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into Thin Air.

06/20/2010 page 28