Kellee's Reviews > The Lost Hero

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

1919931
Dec 19, 10

bookshelves: mythology, adventure, middle-grade, teen-ya
Read in December, 2010

When Percy Jackson and the Olympians ended I was satisfied, but heartbroken as well- it was one of my favorite series of all time. SO, when I heard that Rick Riordan was doing a new Olympians series with new characters, but in the same world as Percy, I was ecstatic! And Rick Riordan did not disappoint.

In The Heroes of Olympus, another great prophecy has been revealed where 7 of the greatest demi-gods will ban together with the gods to stop some evil from destroying the world. But it can't be simple, can it? The gods have decided to cut off all communication with mortals, one of our heroes can't remember anything past 3 days ago and everyone is keeping secrets from each other- this is going to be quite an adventure!

One thing I am not sure how I feel about though is the alternating view points. I normally love books that switch between view points, but I want to love my protagonist like I loved Percy and by switching between the three main characters, I never felt completely attached to any of them. Also, the satyr humor was much better in Percy, but maybe Coach Hedge will grow on me :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Hero.

Kellee New Camp Half Blood Series!!! WOO HOO!!! Comes out October 12th- can't wait.