Emily's Reviews > Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

Jun 20, 2010

Read in June, 2010

I have to admit that I bought Will Grayson, Will Grayson largely because I love John Green, which I suppose is as good a reason as any to buy a book. I ordered it from Amazon, was totally thrilled when it turned up, hardback first edition, all in all, a perfect book. So you can understand that I had high expectations!

John Green and David Levithan's respective Will Graysons are quite similar when you get past their writing styles and inital views on the world. The character development throughout the book is largely what kept me interested as the basic plot line of the meeting of the Will Graysons and Tiny Cooper's influence on them both, whilst entertaining, was not the most interesting aspect of the book. Shifting between two first person writers was occasionally confusing, particularly after they had met as their worlds became intertwined and reference points were less obvious. Overall it was a really enjoyable novel and the two protagonists were engaging and heartfelt. My one criticism would be that whilst all his books are fabulous (I am of course in no way biased) John Green has a habit of writing awkward teenage boys against feisty, opinionated teenage girls.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Will Grayson, Will Grayson.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Wow - you really found a great edition, then. I found a hardback book for my dad on ebay for cheap.