Allison (The Allure of Books)'s Reviews > Virals

Virals by Kathy Reichs

I've never gotten around to reading Kathy Reichs' adult series, but I was really excited to hear she was releasing a new YA series! I was definitely impressed with this, the first book of what will hopefully be a series on the Virals.

I found the plot to be very original and engaging. Everything seemed to make sense and work, nothing stuck out as being too far-fetched or ridiculous. The same goes with the characters. They fit very well with the plot, and although there wasn't as much character development as I usually like, there is definitely room for that in the next installments of the series.

Tory and the rest of her friends make great sleuths, and when circumstances require them to adapt quickly to extraordinary (and terrifying) circumstances, they rise to the challenge. It will be a long time before I lose interest in them and their adventures!

I definitely recommend picking this up for a quick-moving action/adventure/mystery plot. You'll get sucked into the world of the Virals just like I did! So, while I hope there is a little more character development in the next book, you can bet I'll be getting my hands on it as soon as I can to find out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Virals.