Redding's Reviews > Keys to the Demon Prison

Jun 19, 2010

Read in May, 2010

FABLEHAVEN 5-KEYS TO THE DEMON PRISON
written by Brandon Mull

As a fan of the Fablehaven series, I made sure to read this book soon after it was released (May 2010). If you are a fan of the series and have a favorite of the books, then prepare to have that favorite changed. The last book is definetely the best, and is a great way to end the series.
KENDRA, SETH, and the rest of the gang are in search of the fourth secret preserve as well as trying to find their parents. Their search leads them on a chase around the world to the Zzyxz Demon Prison to prevent THE SPHINX from opening it and releasing chaos to the world.
One of the key things I like about this series is how Brandon Mull crafts his characters. One of my favorite characters is THE SPHINX, because he is so mysterious. This book is crafted around him, and you find out that he's not quite as bad as everything thinks he is. It has been shown in previous books that he likes Kendra, and doesn't wish to cause her harm. This book reveals the true story of the Sphinx's past, and why he wants to open the prison in the first place.
This book answers a lot of the mysteries that have been placed throughout the series. We uncover the mysteries about Vanessa, the Larsens, the Sphinx, the Fairy Queen, and many more.
I was slightly disappointed with the final sentences ending the story. I enjoyed the ending itself, but I thought the final words of the book could have ended better. But otherwise, I liked the book.
If you like fantasy, I highly recommend this series, although make sure to read the other books before this one.

FINAL RATING: 4/5; ending a little off
Age RECOMMENDED: 10+
Rated by REDDING; thank you for reading my review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keys to the Demon Prison.