Belinda Boring's Reviews > The Demon Kiss

The Demon Kiss by Lacey Weatherford

Jun 18, 10

This book left me begging for more and frantically searching the computer looking for the release date of the 3rd book. I think that Lacey Weatherford is a genius. She has followed up her first book (The Trouble With Spells) with a second phenomonal story. The Demon Kiss continues the journey in Portia and Vance's discovery of each other and their magic, with events that seem impossibly difficult and relentless in trying to pull them apart. Having overcome the danger of a near demon conversion, Portia and Vance embark on the journey of facing Vance's father, with the hopes of finally laying to rest the threat that hangs over Vance's fate. As I read each page, I found myself pulled deeper into the story and my emotions became tied to theirs. I loved the dynamics the author developed further with Vance and Portia and I have to say that they are rapidly becoming one of my favorite couples. Portia is more committed to doing all she can to support Vance and Vance is more determined to protect Portia at all costs. Both fall deeper into each other and for all lovers of romance, both of them sizzle on the page. One of my favorite scenes occur when Portia and Vance come face to face with the evilness that is Vance's father, Damien Cummings and as a villan, Damien definitely delivers the goods. Even through the pages he made my skin crawl and that's what I loved so much about reading this book. Not only did the author have my skin crawling, she also had me blushing through the kissing, sighing through the tenderness, laughing at the humor and cheering in those moments where Vance and Portia need it most. She has written the book in a way that engages both the mind and heart of the reader, taking them on a ride that they won't easily forget. I enjoyed every moment of reading this book and I definitely look forward to reading the next book in the series. I absolutely loved this book. Thank you Lacey for writing it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon Kiss.