Auntee's Reviews > Bewitched at the Beach

Bewitched at the Beach by Laura Stamps

Jul 02, 10

bookshelves: e-books, erotic-romance, paranormal-romance, 2010_reads
Recommended for: Fans of erotic quickies
Read on July 01, 2010

Bewitched At The Beach is book #2 in the Rune Witch trilogy, and it picks up where book #1 leaves off (you have to read these in order to get the full effect). Noelle and Wynn have an opportunity to spend a long weekend at a luxury beach house at Hilton Head, S.C. ,courtesy of Wynn's boss Dray (A Vampire's Kiss (The Manigault Vampires, #1)). Of course they jump at this opportunity for some R&R, and Wynn uses this alone time with Noelle to convince her to marry him.

I really enjoyed this short but very sexy read. It's filled with humor (Noelle is good with the wise-cracks and teasing put-downs), some verrry hot sex ( a hot tub scene, and some nearly exhibitionist sex in the ocean--Noelle and Wynn are very daring) and some vivid, atmospheric descriptions of the beach house and surrounding area that made me imagine that I was there ( how I wish!) We learn a little bit about the reason behind Noelle's reluctance to marry, we get to enjoy Wynn's (I love this easy going, beta hero) relentless pursuit to get a "yes" out of Noelle, and we get to hear Wynn call Noelle by name! (Thank you, Laura!):) And it was hot!

On a side note, let me call attention to the cover--this is one cover that perfectly depicts the H/h, right down to Noelle's navel ring (can't tell if that's a dangling skull, though) and her black bikini--although where are Wynn's loud and flowered swim trunks?!:)

Great effort by LS--can't wait to read the next one (The Harvest Moon) to see if a wedding is in this sexy couple's future! 4 1/2 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bewitched at the Beach.

07/01/2010 page 38
07/02/2010
100.0% "Review coming..." 1 comment
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (last edited Jul 03, 2010 07:03PM) (new) - added it

Laura Yay! I'm so glad you liked it! See? You just had to be patient. Wynn knows why Noelle is commitment-phobic and he has to work her through it. Plus, he calls her by name. Finally! But I don't think she ever does with him. She would be "giving up" too much emotionally in her cranky Alpha mind. But Wynn has a way of working through that too. I mean, the man isn't a powerful magickal Pagan for nothing, ya know? lmao!!

Can you imagine how happy I was when I found this pic? I'm so glad you liked it. Just imagine theses black trunks are the ones that he used to have that dry rotted. Isn't Noelle a trip when it comes to fashion? She just cracked me up over his freaky trunks. And when that baracuda tried to hit on Wynn at the bar and dissed Noelle. Too funny! It will be a loooooong time before she lets him forget that. lol

Which brings me to another thing. I always think of Wynn as a Gamma (part Alpha, part Beta). Most of the time he is a laid-back Beta. But the dangerous Alpha came out in him when he scared the we-willies outta that nasty woman at the bar. Not to mention how scary he was when he and Donnie confronted Greer on Savannah's porch at the end of "What Witches Want."

And that's the real reason why I think he and Noelle make such a good pair. He is a very powerful Pagan and not a man anyone would wanna mess with. It takes an Alpha like Noelle to keep a man like Wynn interested. He likes how strong-willed she is, so he lets her think she is in charge of their relationship, when everyone knows he is. In fact Maylene said that to Blaine when he met Noelle and Wynn at the Samhain party at the end of "Call of the Witches." It's like a private joke all the characters share, and Noelle is the only one who remains delusional about it. Which just makes it even funnier. lmao!!

Can't wait for you to read "The Harvest Moon." You're gonna laugh like crazy. Well, inbetween all the hot sex.... *lusty grin*

(witches, vampires, shapeshifters)
(All my Kindle ebooks are $1.99)

Auntee LOL--I thought the same thing about the swim trunks--"those must be the ones that rotted!":)

Well you know Wynn better than me, but in this story he seems so mellow (except for that bar scene--true!) and laid back I just think of him as a sweet beta who's perfect for Noelle's alpha tendencies.:)

message 3: by Laura (last edited Jul 03, 2010 08:01PM) (new) - added it

Laura I know. Cause all his clothes are black! In fact in "A Vampire's Kiss" Sara admires a black pentacle t-shirt he is wearng at work one day, and he says Noelle has taken over as his fashion coordinator. Too funny! But it was a shirt she made him buy when they went shopping at the mall in "Sex Magick."

You're right. Most of the time he is very laid back. Like Blaine. But he can get fierce in a way Blaine never would, so that's why I think of him as a Gamma. Kinda like Donnie and Dray are Gammas too.

And Sir Ross Cannon. The perfect Gamma. I still WANT him!!! lmao

Paranormal Erotica Novelist
"SexMagick (The Rune Witch Series)"
(All Kindle & pdf ebooks are $1.99)

Auntee LOL about Sir Ross! You're making me want to read that again to find out why he's so fascinating to you!

message 5: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura LOL!! You should. He's perfect! He reminds me of one of my heroes. Tell you what. I'm sending back your copy next week. By then you will have finished the "Rune Witch" series. Then read LSL again and you will see what I do in Sir Ross. I know how it is. You read so many books like I do it's hard to remember the details. So refresh your memory with a second read of this one. You'll love him even more!

Paranormal Erotica Novelist
"SexMagick (The Rune Witch Series)"
(All Kindle & pdf ebooks are $1.99)