Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun)'s Reviews > Skin Tight

Skin Tight by Ava Gray

Jun 22, 10

Read from June 18 to 21, 2010

We were introduced to Addison Foster in Skin Game. He was the head of security for Gerrano's Vegas casino. Foster is mysterious and dangerous. He has secrets and a past that he's bent on avenging. He's a man on a mission and he will not let anything or anyone get in his way.

Mia Sauter's encounter with Foster left a bad taste in her mouth. When she went to him for help, she trusted that he would help her. Instead he used her as a means to an end. Now the two are working at the same company, both with their own agenda.

I was hesitant to read Skin Tight because I wasn't bowled over by Skin Game. I thought Skin Game was good, don't get me wrong. I just wasn't sure if I wanted to invest in the series. But my twitter friends kept making references to the hot sex scenes and I knew then that I couldn't resist. I love hot sex scenes! The sex scenes did not disappointment. Even though Foster is detached - emotionally and physically - Mia breaks through those barriers. She manages to slowly chip away the wall he has built around his heart. Foster is a damaged man and has kept himself physically and emotionally away from people. A lot has to do with his "gift" and a tragedy from his past. Mia manages to break through the armour and makes Foster feel. She's unique in that she is the only person that can "see" him. For Foster, that makes her special and dangerous.

The best part about this book is Foster and Mia's relationship. The back story of Micor and the testing they were doing on humans was not that interesting to me. How Foster came into his "gift" is explained (even though I still don't quiet understand it). I finished Skin Tight with several questions that weren't answered. Many of the patients that Micor were using for experiments were people who grew up in poor households. Is it possible that this is how Kyra (from Skin Game) came into her powers? Judging from how Skin Tight ended, the series will follow the people who subjects of Dr. Rowen's experiments. Will we ever know how Kyra got her power?

The romance aspect of Skin Tight is fantastic. The relationship between Foster and Mia isn't easy and it's not pretty. Foster is always in control of his emotions and his actions. But once he drops his guard around Mia, the control slips away.

Final verdict: An enjoyable read with hot sex scenes and great characters. The mad scientist Dr. Rowen sub-plot was a bit much but it does explain a lot about Foster and it sets up the plot for the next book, Skin Heat.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skin Tight.

06/18/2010 "Less talk, more sex. (28%)" 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Sanchez Great review. I wasn't sure if I wanted to read the next installment, but now I think I do!

Marquetta (LoveToReadForFun) It took me a while to get my thoughts together because I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about the book. I don't know if I'm going to read the next book. I'm trying to figure out where the series is headed. I'm just not sure.