Jennifer's Reviews > The Alchemist

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Jul 22, 10

bookshelves: general-fiction, classics, paranormal-fantasy, group-reads-and-brs, 2010, need-to-review, philosophy
Read from July 19 to 22, 2010

*Reading with Lyn & Colleen*
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alchemist.

Quotes Jennifer Liked

Paulo Coelho
“People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.”

Paulo Coelho
“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”

Paulo Coelho
“It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”

Paulo Coelho
“Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.”

Paulo Coelho
“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”

Paulo Coelho
“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity.”

Paulo Coelho
“Don't give in to your fears. If you do, you won't be able to talk to your heart.”

Paulo Coelho
“This is what we call love. When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there's no need at all to understand what's happening, because everything happens within you.”

Paulo Coelho
“Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”

Paulo Coelho
“One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”

Paulo Coelho
“The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.”

Paulo Coelho
“The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.”

Paulo Coelho
“So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.”

Paulo Coelho
“Everything that happens once can never happen again. But everything that happens twice will surely happen a third time.”

Paulo Coelho
“I don’t live in either my past or my future. I’m interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we’re living now.”

07/20/2010 page 68