Matthew's Reviews > Marked

Marked by P.C. Cast

Jun 18, 10

This is not a THE BEST BOOK I EVER READ type story... that being said I did enjoy the story, and I found myself truly liking Zoey. I see many themes or subjects in this book (and throughout the rest of the series) that I think would resonate with many tweens and teens as they go through "the change" of moving from being a child into the tween and teen journey. Zoey is a teenager who is overwhelmed by the changes that are happening to her body, this leads her to be in deep conflict with her parental units (partly because of family dynamic issues, but more because of their ultra conservative and IMO judgmental Christian values) Zoey has to figure out how to navigate the changes that are happening to her that she cannot control and learn to interact within a new reality that she feels ill equipped to move through "on her own" ... she has to figure out what she believes with regards to big issues such as sexuality and faith/spirituality and learns in both this book and subsequent books that first impressions are not always the truth or the reality... this is not a book that everyone will enjoy however if you like the fantasy style/teen angst/ coming of age style stories such as Twilight, or the Morganville Vampires Series then I think you will like Marked and the Casts other stories that make up this series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marked.