Shawn Grimes's Reviews > The Girl Who Played with Fire

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

1985146
Aug 23, 10

Recommended for: anyone who likes a dark thriller.
Read from June 29 to August 05, 2010, read count: 1

One of the best books I have ever read. This second book in the Stieg Larson series is even more powerful and compelling than the first. Stieg did an amazing job of pulling you to the edge of your seat and then suddenly switching story lines so that you were constantly wanting more. As the details about a story line built up, so did your anticipation to know more and then suddenly he would switch story lines prolonging the satisfaction of knowing the full story. This kind of writing is powerful and enthralling. I was pulled deeply into the story with all the details, character development and plot twist. I can't recommend this series enough and I'm afraid that any book that I read from this point forward will just leave me wanting for more of Stieg Larson.

One suggestion to readers, do yourself a favor and by this book and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" at the same time. You'll be glad you did so you can finish the series after you finish this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Played with Fire.