Bry's Reviews > Bloodfever

Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning

Mar 29, 11

bookshelves: 2011, audiobook, urban-fantasy, mystery, series
Read from March 22 to 29, 2011

This installment was much more enjoyable than the first in the series, and it was mostly due to Mac. She was much less annoying, much less stupid, much less selfish, and thankfully RARELY refereed to her nail polish color like a dumb whore.

And then there was Barrons. Now don't get me wrong - he was a total douche in the first book and he certainly didn;'t change his stripes any in this book, but I think his douche-baggery and inability to reveal a single fucking thing about himself was overshadowed by his dependability.

The plot was pretty intense and while it did answer a few questions mainly just brought to mind about 100 more. Many of those questions arose from Barrons and Mac's intense little interlude. Good grief! Without giving anything away my only issue with the plot was that it felt a bit redundant to the first book towards the end.

And the language! LOL! I love this book for all the bad words it has! I feel like a page isn't complete until fuck or at least feck is screamed at another character! Then again I have a bit of a sailor-esche mouth on me!

I am glad I decided to pick this series back up, I guess the release of the last book reminded me that I had already read the first! Thankfully too my library has all the books on CD so now they are all stored safely on my IPOD and I will actually finish a series for a change! LOL!
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodfever.

03/29/2011 page 296
100.0% "Finished! Review on its way!"

The Flooze Damn that Mac! I hate going along with the crowd, but...she actually does improve. Vastly. So much so it's like reading about a different person. Maybe readers should just start skipping the first book!

message 2: by Nisha (last edited Mar 29, 2011 05:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nisha add a review, pretty please. Oh wait, you are.