Zeek's Reviews > Full Moon Rising

Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur

Jun 18, 10

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, dnf
Read in June, 2010

I tried this, the first Riley Jensen novel by Keri Arthur, but couldn't get into it- I'm realizing I'm really not a huge fan of Urban Fantasy. I need a Happily Ever After with one hero/heroine to root for- the bed hopping ala Laurel K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series makes me insane and this story was stacking up the same way.

I also had a hard time connecting with Riley. So-

passing on this series.

DNF

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Moon Rising.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) That's why I decided to pass on this series.

message 2: by MelissaB (new) - added it

MelissaB I feel the exact same way! I don't mind if it takes a few books for the h to get with someone ala Mercy Thompson and Kate Daniels but I want there to be some romance and only with one person.

message 4: by Zeek (new) - rated it 1 star

Zeek Exactly Melly B! :)

message 5: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ I DNF'd this one a long time ago too, as the early sex scenes were just weird and the storyline didn't pull me in. But she is a popular author, so maybe we missed something. :)

message 6: by Zeek (new) - rated it 1 star

Zeek As I said about Karen Chance's Cassandra series: It very well may get better- there are just too many other books I want to read out there to force may way thru some books on the question it *may* or *may not* get better.

message 7: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ Zeek wrote: "As I said about Karen Chance's Cassandra series: It very well may get better- there are just too many other books I want to read out there to force may way thru some books on the question it *may*..."

Amen! Words to live by. :-)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I know that the sleeping with multiple people is a big turnoff for me, so I'd rather pass on the frustration. Even though I've heard it was good, if you don't mind that aspect.

Regina You know I am not bothered by the multiple partners, I get that it is supposed to be part of her "nature". And I actually like that there is not the focus on a HEA. However, I do think the multiple sex partners in a day is over the top and just laughable. Totally not believable. I just read #2 Kissing Sin, and I am not sure if I will finish the series. There is a series of scenes in #2, where over a 6 hour period she has sex with 4 different partners, including 1 behind Quinn's back when she is at a party with him (one of them was a session of over 2 hours and the other was a horse-shifter ...... )!!!!!

message 10: by Zeek (new) - rated it 1 star

Zeek Oh that's terrible- yeah not going on in this one! haha!

message 11: by Shannon (last edited Jun 20, 2010 12:40PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Shannon C. I read all of the books in the Riley Jensen series except maybe the latest and I really do *not* recommend it. I started with one of the later books--picked it up at the airport and read while traveling. It was one of the better ones when she was with Quinn. I ordered the earlier books and was disappointed reading them. Too much sex and not enough plot.

Regarding Karen Chance's Cassandra series -- I liked that one. Very good, not great though. I know you mentioned data dumps in her world building in book one. She might have done that--it's been so long I don't recall! But overall the series was very good. I especially love Mircea (master vamp). He also shows up in Chance's new Dorina Basarab series which I definitely recommend. That series is TERRIFIC. I loved, loved the first two books. Nonstop action and intricate plotlines. Dory is a stronger character than Cassie.

message 12: by Zeek (new) - rated it 1 star

Zeek I've heard before the Dory books are better- I have the firs one on my wishlist!