Mrs. Badass's Reviews > Mind Games

Jul 13, 11

bookshelves: nook, favorites
Read from June 18 to 27, 2010

See here: Ode to Carolyn Crane

Ever pick up a book and just think, “Wow, does this book sound…odd” But you figure, what the heck, you need something different, and this sure sounds like it fits the bill. Not only is the book odd, but it’s weird in the most fantastic way possible, it was an extremely interesting, well thought out, and twisty read! Author Carolyn Crane has some serious issues I tell you. In order to come up with this psychological hit squad, and this world filled with mind bendingly awesome characters, she has to be half off her rocker I tell you! I jest. OK maybe not. I don’t know her in real life, but the Disillusionist Series is just plain old awesomesauce!!!. Did you know that if you were a hypochondriac and thought you were going to die of a brain star, and every day you pretty much end up in the ER with symptoms of impending doom, that you could work for Packard, the um Hero of our story, and you can “fix” the bad people in the world, by injecting your paranoia into another person? Leaving yourself feeling euphoric, and the zingee feeling your craziness? Well, you can! Sound weird? It is! But it’s sooooo cool! You have got to read this Urban Fantasy series. It will make you think, and it will make your heart pound, and it will fill your brain with mush. Just sit back and enjoy seriously crazy people, and in time, you will feel like you are the sanest person alive =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mind Games.

Quotes Mrs. Liked

Carolyn Crane
“I don't see how I could possibly move a napkin with the power of my mind," I say.
"All will be revealed."
"Did you just say, 'All will be revealed'?"
He looks up. "Yes."
"Who says, 'All will be revealed'?"
"I do," Packard says. "Just perform the task.”
Carolyn Crane, Mind Games

06/27/2010 page 103
28.0% "nook"

Mrs. Badass I know, that was awful, and the ending.. GOD Biggest Cliffhanger since Dreamfever!!!

Regina It is shocking to me too. She is an awesome writer.

message 3: by Yodamom (new) - added it

Yodamom Eek, since Dreanfever, ouch that one hurt ! I pick this ne up when I have the second one in hand !