Gokce ~Muslin Myst~'s Reviews > Vampire Knight, Vol. 2

Vampire Knight, Vol. 2 by Matsuri Hino

This mmanga series is going really well. I know I haven't read that much into the series but I'm already in love with this. It was my fascination with vampires that got my attention about this and the fact that my sister is really into reading manga, but still I liked the drawings, the story and the characters. Kinda have a crush on Zero :)

Pretty nicely drawn intense and lovely scenes in this one. Loving it!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Knight, Vol. 2.

06/25/2010 "Sometimes I hate having guests, they ruin my reading!" 2 comments

message 1: by Bookwatcher (last edited Jun 26, 2010 07:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bookwatcher Oh yesssss, it's a great manga! Have you seem the anime? If you can watch it... I like it!

message 2: by new_user (new)

new_user I like Zero too. I don't think I see tortured heroes in manga that often. It was cool. :D

Bookwatcher new_user wrote: "I like Zero too. I don't think I see tortured heroes in manga that often. It was cool. :D"

I agree! But Abel from Trinity Blood is sooooo tortured
him---> Trinity Blood, Volume 1 by Sunao Yoshida
I really recommend it!

message 4: by new_user (new)

new_user Hmmm, but he's supposed to be kind of mild, isn't he? Does he kick butt?

message 5: by Bookwatcher (last edited Jun 26, 2010 01:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bookwatcher are you kidding me? You read all? Did you see what Abel really is? He is sooooo kick ass! He is (well, I can say a little) not only a vampire, but a vampire that prey on others vampires! He is sooooo strong and kick ass of a lot of bad guys! Read it and you will see! (he is more than that! But I can't say... reading you will discover what he really is! When you read about his sister you will understand how strong Abel is!)

let me show you--->Abel kicking a lot of ass

message 6: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL. That is pretty cool, but they really dragged that out a bit much. "OMG WHAT IS HE OMG OMG WHAT IS HE WHAT WHAT" I'll check out the manga. Thanks, Bookwatcher! :)

message 7: by Bookwatcher (last edited Jun 26, 2010 10:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bookwatcher new_user wrote: "LOL. That is pretty cool, but they really dragged that out a bit much. "OMG WHAT IS HE OMG OMG WHAT IS HE WHAT WHAT" I'll check out the manga. Thanks, Bookwatcher! :)"

I can say or will ruin the story.... I can say that the has a brother and sister, and when the reader discover who is his sister will know who is his brother... and then... the end of the world as we known it begun!
[image error]
It's a good manga... the religious (priest thing of abel) is the aspect of this manga that bother me (a little).

message 8: by new_user (last edited Jun 27, 2010 09:07AM) (new)

new_user No, I meant the clip that you showed me. The guy in the tank was like "OMG OMG... etc." Too much.

I don't like it when my culture/religion's exploited either.

message 9: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL. Reminds me of Trigun.

message 10: by Bookwatcher (last edited Jun 27, 2010 11:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bookwatcher new_user wrote: "LOL. Reminds me of Trigun."

oooooooh myyyyyyy godddddddd

I'm so crazy about this manga! Have it in english, italian and the animation always english and italian! I sooooo love Vash! And Knives!!! OMG how incredible you know it!!!

Great!

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Yay! Oh no, I would never kill you Bookwatcher LOL :D
And keep in my hon, you can always rec me other manga that you guys like, I'm fairly new to the whole thing but I like it. I wonder how I never indulged myself in the fandom. Oh well, better late than never! ;)

I haven't seen the anime yet but I have it, yes, I'm in that phase where I try to find everything I can about VK ;D I figured I'll catch up with the manga first and then I'll watch the anime since I just started reading it.

Yes, it really is. And tortured heroes are my thing nowadays.. :D

message 12: by Bookwatcher (last edited Jun 27, 2010 01:22PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bookwatcher Gokce wrote: "And tortured heroes are my thing nowadays.. :D "

Hey girl!!! Good to known that you are starting to read manga... if you are searching for tortured hero try:

1) Trigun (Vash is sooooo great! The illustrations are a little difficult do understand... so better if you first try the animation, and after read the manga)

2) Angel Sanctuary (don't freak reading the begun, the love between sister and brother is a little gross, put don't worry... the things change)

3) Sandman. Well, this is a master piece (difficult to classify, but in my view could be seem as manga). Neil Gaiman story and illustration of a lot of great peoples... read it (He, Sandman, is the most tortured one I saw on a graphic novel... but don't read it thinking that everything will end well... no no... the end was wonderful, but soooooo sad!)

4) Devilman. This is a manga for collection... i found it original on comic book expo (1975 the year of publication) but there are new editions. Hard to find, but wonderful manga worth of all the trouble to find it.

well... I'm a little freak, I know, speaking this much about manga... so ask me if you want to know... I really love to discuss about manga/comic books. I love read paranormal books or urban fantasy ones, but my first love is and will always be comics book.

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Yay! Awesome. I'm glad I have you to ask about manga, I'm fairly new to the whole thing. I only picked VK up from the librsry to fill an evening but it turned out wonderful and I realized there's a whole new world of manga out there :D It's amazing the stories they tell really.

I'll look up everyone of those you told me. Now, I know Sandman, been meaning to get my hands on it to read for a while now. And "Angel Sanctuary" I actually was curious about. Yeah, the brother-sister thing can be disturbing but I thought to draw a manga about such a contraversial subject should be interesting to read. I've even been meaning to ask you about it, whether it's be good or not :)
And the rest, I'll check out.

LOL. I understand you, I'm only newly discoring manga but I'm glad. And it's great to know someone who reads it and knows it better than me :D

message 14: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL. I really liked Trigun and Vash was cute, but I didn't really find him hot, you know what I mean? ;)

Gokce, you should try Goong. :D As for anime, hmm, I'll keep it to a few. Wolf's Rain, Tsuiokuhen (Trust & Betrayal), and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. They're better quality if you download them, of course. I didn't like the VK anime because I hated Yuki's voice and the animation wasn't very good. :(

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ new_user, I liked the plot of Goong, and thanks for the link to the manga pages too :) I think I'll check it out, I always enjoyed a love story that starts off with bickering, if that's how it goes ;)

"The Girl Who Leapt Through Time", that one I've been meaning to see for a while, I might even have downloaded it somewhere but my folder for movies is at another place right now :( And I'll check out the other recs as well.

Hmm, I think I've watched the first episode of VK anime that corresponded to the first volume of the manga. Can't remember Yuki's voice but I thought to see the story animated would be nice ;D

message 16: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL. Yeah, I think that's the attraction of a lot of show or movie adaptations. Even if they're bad, we just want to see our favorite characters come alive.

That's pretty much Goong, but it has a little more to it than the average shoujo. The hero's a little more well-rounded, and there's a political plot going on. It's a great premise, isn't it? Royalty in 21st century.

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Yep, that's exactly it, I can't help but love the fact that those characters are walking and talking in a place other than inside my head :P

I already read the first volume of Goong from that link you gave me! OMG. It was hilarious!! Royatly theme is not that strange to me although I do enjoy it :) I liked this one so much that I immediately told about it to my sister who laughed out loud reading it :) I'll read the rest as well definitely, very enjoyable.

message 18: by new_user (last edited Jun 29, 2010 12:04PM) (new)

new_user I'm glad you liked it! I love the art too. I forget, you're in the UK, so you know about royalty, LOL. Fun manga though! I like the dress and the traditions.

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ LOL. Yeah, I know about royalty but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy reading about it! And especially when it's this funny! :D I still laugh when I remember that first volume LOL. Once I'm done catching up with VK I think Goong will be my next manga read occasionally :)