Janelle's Reviews > The Power of a Praying Parent

The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian

F 50x66
Feb 16, 2011

liked it

Read my review on "Praying Wife" to hear my thoughts on the author herself. I found the same writing style reading her next book "Praying Parent" as I did "Praying Wife". In regards to the actual content, these are my thoughts:

I found it much more relevant than her other book as all the prayer points relate to children generally, as opposed to being based on certain aspects of their life, depending on what they are doing/where they are at (which was the case with praying for her husband). That said, I still found it a little awkward with the prayers as it's not my praying style. I don't think it was the author's intention to read it 'verbatim' anyway and each of the prayer points has certainly given me ideas of what to pray for my child, perhaps just in a different way or from a different perspective.

One of the most reassuring things I read in her book (especially being a 'new' mum myself), was contained in the chapter titled "Releasing My Child into God's Hands". The title does speak for itself, but I love what the author wrote:

"In an act more of desperation than obedience [author was constantly afraid of something happening to her child], I cried out to God concerning this. He immediately reminded me that Christopher was a gift to us from Him and that He cared even more about our son than we did." (pg 33)

How reassuring to know that, as parents, we aren't the only ones looking out for our children! Someone much greater is also watching out for them... the One who created them with as much love as He could give them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power of a Praying Parent.