Danny's Reviews > Seers of Light

Seers of Light by Jennifer DeLucy

Jun 18, 2010

bookshelves: june-2010
Read in June, 2010

I'm very much surprised by this book since it takes new and different approach into the paranormal world. Lately, most of vampire stories tell that most of them are not truly evil. Here however, vampires are bad - they have no soul. And there is a group of gifted people who are fighting against those vampires and ghosts! Actually ghosts play even a bigger role in this story.

It took me some time to get into the story in the beginning and I was a bit confused that Lilly all over sudden leaves everything including her family behind when she's been attacked and starts learning the truth about herself and her gift. It seems to easy for her to accept her new life. But at the same time, this is exactly Lilly's character, she is strong and brave.

William was the most interesting character, he's very much tortured and full of self loathing and it seems he doesn't quite fit in. Lily breaks down his walls ....

All together the author created very deep and layered characters, specially Lilly, William and Christian. And I truly loved the romantic tension she created.

A refreshing new paranormal romance which is perfect for a Summer read:-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seers of Light.