Christine's Reviews > Cheat the Grave

Cheat the Grave by Vicki Pettersson

1719717
Jun 17, 10

bookshelves: oh-the-horror, swords-magic-heroines-oh-yeah, suspense-thriller-crime, kiss-me-now-you-fool, i-cried-i-ll-admit-it
Recommended for: fans of urban fantasy
Read in June, 2010

OMG! How long am I going to have to wait for book 6?? Torture!

So much happens in this book, crazy revelations and new mysteries to anticipate. After completely flooring me with the end of book 4 I was uncertain of how it would be possible to keep going with this series without coming up with a convenient plot device to give Jo her powers back. Well, Joanna learns how to keep fighting and embrace herself as she is and it's great. This book is so dark and sad in parts though. It's lacking the comic relief of the comicbook groupies and Hunter is not an active character for most of the book. Can't wait to see what happens next, love the idea of a vagabond gray troop (they should get their own spin-off comic!). I am a little more hopeful of a HEA for Hunter and Joanna after this book, yay! Don't crush me with book 6 like you did with book 4 Vicki!

Just one complaint--- Um, that "Spanish" that Carlos was speaking has to go. I guess it's mostly Mexican slang since Spanish is my native language and I didn't recognize half of the words he said. What was with the "mon" though?! He's Mexican, not Jamaican dude.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cheat the Grave.